CPAN build diagram
New CPAN framework
CPAN distribution (*.tar.gz)
blib (staging area)
installed on system
- MANIFEST maps from your dev tree to the distribution
- Build.PL maps from the distribution to the system
- (For simple projects you don't need to worry about that.)
- You could add an examples directory to the CPAN package
by adding the files to the MANIFEST. They won't get installed
without additional magic to Build.PL.
- Note the blib directory: the build process makes copies
of your code in there -- don't get lib confused with blib,
you never want to edit what's in blib.
26 Jan 2010