The Eighth Day of Noise
The Day of Noise: 24 hours dedicated to a broadcast of live
sounds, with the emphasis on the improvised, the creative
and the experimental.
The eighth Day of Noise begins at noon on Wednesday,
October 23, and closes at noon on October 24th.
In past years, the Day of Noise has focused on some
of the best and brightest (and worst and darkest) of
the Bay Area's sound artists...
Here's the battle-plan (all times Pacific Standard Time):
- 12:00pm - Shoko
Hikage (experimental koto, the japanese zither) with Michael Cooke (clarinet, sax, flute...)
- 1:00pm - Totemplow - guitar & effects (had
to cancel due to transport problems, unfortunately.)
- 2:00pm - Tim Perkis, Scot Gresham-Lancaster and Tom Dill - electronics, trumpet, junk, toys
- 3:30pm - Moe Staiano - industrial found object percussion
- 5:00pm - SKIZMZ - Global jamming over the net, Stanford meets Amsterdam.
- 6:30pm - Twine - Doug Carrol (cello) & Tom Nunn (uniquely designed electro-acoustic instruments)
- 7:30pm - C.J. Reaven Borosque's Metal Quan Yin, Music by Lords of Outland - new music poetry
- 9:00pm - sfSound Group directed by Matt Ingalls - clarinet and beyond
- 10:00pm - Morgan Guberman - solo voice
- 10:30pm - Matmos vs. Wobbly - dueling electronics
- Midnight - Understanding Dan Plonsey Behavio - to reed or not to reed (perhaps with Carla Kihlstedt!).
- 2:00am - The insectual sounds of David Leikam -
electric bass, synthesizers, mixing board, and altered vox. Brap Onwards!
- 4:00am - The Machinery of Doom - gurgle chime whisper bang!
- 8:00am - The KZSU All-Stars - the local talent takes the stage.
- 9:00am - Bob Ostertag - laptop improvisation, with homebrew software and unusual input devices.
- 10:00am - Dopestyle - freestyle experimental hiphop
So, listen to KZSU, 90.1 FM on Wednesday, October 23rd
at high (low?) noon, for the Eighth Day of Noise.
KZSU is (congress willing) live on the web at